We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information in application forms for funding or in response to requests by us for information;
- from third parties, such as your employers, collaborators, trade organisations, education institutions, representatives or referees you or your organisation have provided;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- when legally required to do so.
Generally, you will be aware we have collected your personal information or you have authorised us to collect personal information from third parties. If you are not aware that we have collected information from third parties, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of the collection of the personal information and the circumstances in which it has been collected.
Your personal information may be used to:
- consider eligibility for funding, grants, awards or scholarships;
- assess applications for funding, grants, awards or scholarships;
- assess participation in projects or ventures;
- administer, monitor and evaluation projects, grants, awards or scholarships which we have agreed to fund or in which we participate;
- research and develop our services and projects.
- For the purposes set out above, we may disclose your personal information to:
- our directors, officers and staff;
- your employers, sponsors, referees or educational institutions in which you are or propose to be enrolled;
- referees nominated in applications;
- outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide;
- your representatives (e.g. your authorised representatives or legal advisers;
- credit reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- our professional advisers, including our auditors, lawyers and financial advisers;
- inclusion in our website or in our publications and promotional materials;
- inclusion in our own research or reports;
- other persons or organisations engaged in philanthropy;
- any person or entity lawfully entitled to obtain the information.
Your consent to the above disclosures is taken to have been given when you submit an application for funding or provide us with updates.
We will not sell or trade your personal information to any third party for marketing purposes.
You have a right to access your personal information held by us. There are circumstances where we may refuse to give you access to some of your personal information. For example, we are not required to provide you with access where a request:
- is frivolous or vexatious;
- concerns information relating to an existing or anticipated legal proceedings between CASS and yourself;
- requires access that would be unlawful;
- would be likely to prejudice the prevention, investigation and prosecution of any criminal offence or seriously improper conduct.
If we refuse to give you access, we will give you written notice of the reasons for the refusal and the mechanisms available to you to complain about the refusal.
The CASS Foundation Limited Whistleblower Policy