CASS Education Grants
The Directors of The CASS Foundation are currently reviewing the Guidelines for CASS Education Grants in 2019 and assessing possible demand from schools.
School Leaders in Victoria who are interested in applying for a 2019 CASS Education Grant are invited to:
- contact the Foundation’s Education Program Manager to discuss their school's potential funding request for 2019. PH: 03-8650 5930 [Monday-Thursday]; &/OR
- send a 1-page outline description and preliminary costing of their school's concept proposal for 2019 to: email@example.com
A more detailed Application process may follow.
The following 2018 Guidelines are for the information of prospective Applicants only.
CASS 2018 Education Grant Guidelines
The CASS Foundation’s objective in grant-making to schools in Victoria is to support teacher development and students’ engagement in learning. In 2018, the CASS Foundation offered Education Grants to schools in Victoria to plan and implement school improvement initiatives in a curriculum area of value to students, teachers and the school community; and which, without additional funding, the school/s would be unlikely to realise. The one-year CASS Education Grants allow schools to involve recognised specialists to work with teachers and students in a planned sequence of curriculum-related activities to achieve specified learning outcomes relevant to the particular school context and needs.
For example, grant proposals may involve a targeted series of professional development incursions and teacher mentoring over several terms; or an intensive specialist Science, Maths or technology residency of say, 10 - 20 weeks; or a reading and literacy immersion program for students.
The subject content will be related to the Victorian F-10 curriculum and program activities and will be planned and managed by the school to meet their strategic educational objectives. Schools will collect data to monitor progress against project milestones and evaluate learning outcomes throughout the program. Schools may also make cash or in-kind contributions.
- Primary or secondary schools may apply.
- Applications are only accepted directly from schools, with the endorsement of the Principal.
- Proposals will be based on evidence of school need and strategic purpose.
- Evidence is required of school readiness, leadership and motivation.
- The school’s ICSEA value is considered.
Selection criteria - 2018
Proposals were assessed by the selection panel against the following criteria:
- Practicality and scope of the concept proposal;
- Likely impact on teaching and learning outcomes;
- Likely contribution to student engagement in learning;
- Potential for parent and/or community involvement;
- Value for money.
The CASS Foundation prioritises support for:
- Rural and regional schools;
- Activities which link to the Victorian F-10 curriculum;
- 'Whole school' approaches; e.g. many teachers and students actively participate as learners.
The CASS Foundation does not fund:
- Existing school programs, scheduled school productions or fund-raising events;
- Competitive or prize-based activities;
- Capital equipment, building works and non-essential travel.