Education Grants 2018
CASS 2018 Education Grants
Applications for CASS 2018 Education Grants for school improvement initiatives occurring during 2018 are now open. The following Guidelines will apply.
CASS 2018 Education Grant Guidelines
The CASS Foundation’s objective in grant-making to schools in Victoria is to support teacher development and students’ engagement in learning. In 2018, the CASS Foundation will offer Education Grants to schools in Victoria to plan and implement school improvement initiatives in a curriculum area of value to students, teachers and the school community; and which, without additional funding, the school/s would be unlikely to realise.
Applications are invited for new program initiatives that will commence in 2018. The one-year CASS Education Grants are intended to allow schools to involve recognised specialists to work with teachers and students in a planned sequence of curriculum-related activities to achieve specified learning outcomes relevant to the particular school context and needs.
For example, grant proposals might involve a targeted series of professional development incursions and teacher mentoring over several terms; OR an intensive specialist Arts, Science, Maths or technology residency of say, 10 – 20 weeks; OR a literacy immersion program for students based on experiential writing and small-group excursions.
The subject content will relate to the Victorian F-10 curriculum and the program activities will be planned and managed by the school to meet their strategic educational objectives. Schools will be expected to collect data to monitor progress and evaluate learning outcomes throughout the program.
- Individual schools may request grant amounts up to $30,000.
- School partnerships or clusters may request amounts up to $50,000.
Schools will be expected to make cash or in-kind contributions and asked to justify their proposal in terms of educational and financial need and strategic importance.
- Primary or secondary schools may apply.
- Applications will only be accepted directly from schools, with the endorsement of the Principal.
- Proposals should be based on evidence of school need and strategic purpose.
- Evidence will be required of school readiness, leadership and motivation.
- The project budget estimate will be evaluated as value for money.
- The school’s ICSEA value will be taken into account.
Proposals will be assessed against the following selection criteria:
- Practicality and scope of the concept proposal;
- Likely impact on teaching and learning outcomes;
- Likely contribution to student engagement in learning;
- Potential for parent and/or community involvement;
- Value for money.
The CASS Foundation prioritises support for:
- Rural and regional schools;
- Activities which link to the Victorian F-10 curriculum;
- ‘Whole school’ approaches; e.g. many teachers and students actively participate as learners.
The CASS Foundation does not fund:
- Existing school programs, scheduled school productions or fund-raising events;
- Competitive or prize-based activities;
- Capital equipment, building works and non-essential travel.
How to apply
School representatives are asked to discuss their proposal outline first with the CASS Program Manager Education.
The CASS 2018 Education Grant Application Form is available on request.
PH: 03-8650 5930