Education Grants 2017
CASS 2017 Education Grants
Applications for 2017 Education Grants have now closed. Following a selection process, a number of Victorian schools have been offered grants for teaching and learning improvement projects in 2017.
CASS Education Grants – general guidelines.
The following Guidelines are for information only. The next application round will open in August-September 2017 for 2018 projects.
The CASS Foundation’s Education Grants are directed to Teaching and Learning Development. The awards are intended to support new, planned school initiatives to build excellence in teaching and learning practice in specified curriculum areas or levels aligned with the Victorian Curriculum – Foundation to 10 frameworks.
CASS Education Grants are ‘enabling’ funds to create opportunities for new endeavours to improve teaching and learning. Please note CASS grants are available to schools in Victoria only.
CASS Grant Guidelines
CASS envisages that schools will:
- have an evidence-based rationale for the proposed intervention;
- plan a sustained teaching and learning development strategy with rigorous evaluation of outcomes;
- be program-ready and highly motivated to improve teaching and learning practice.
- Program proposals may involve expert practitioners, subject area specialists, or curriculum advisors.
- Teachers and students should be engaged as learners and beneficiaries from the planned initiatives.
- Grant funds may be used for program delivery and CRT costs, but not for equipment or infrastructure.
Expressions of Interest will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Quality and integrity of the proposed strategy plan and evaluation framework;
- Likely impact on teaching and learning practice;
- Evidence of school readiness, leadership and motivation towards improvement;
- Value for money;
- Need for financial support to achieve this plan.